- 400 gm dried strozzapreti or similar pasta
- 120 gm (1 cup) frozen peas
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 green onion bulbs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 zucchini flowers, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 10 gm ricotta, coarsely crumbled
- 1 cup (loosely packed) basil, coarsely torn
- Finely grated parmesan, to serve
- 1Cook pasta and lemon rind in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until pasta is al dente (7-8 minutes), adding peas in last minute of cooking. Drain and return to pan.
- 2Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add spring onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (1-2 minutes). Add zucchini flowers, sauté until just golden (1-2 minutes), then add to pasta with ricotta, basil and lemon juice. Season generously to taste and serve with finely grated parmesan.