Pa amb tomàquet is tomato-rubbed bread - a popular snack, tapa, side and breakfast dish in Catalonia.
- 8 zucchini flowers, stalks thinly sliced on a mandolin, flowers detached, coarsely torn
- 4 small zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
- ¼ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling (¼ cup)
- 30 ml Sherry vinegar
- of 1 lemon, Juice and finely grated rind
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped, plus 1 extra clove, halved, for rubbing
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 very ripe tomato, halved
- 2 tbsp coarsely torn oregano
- shaved Manchego, To serve
- 1Combine zucchini flower stalks, zucchini, onion, oil, vinegar, lemon rind and juice and garlic in a bowl, season to taste and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat a char-grill pan over high heat. Drizzle bread with extra oil and grill, turning once, until toasted (2-3 minutes). Rub with cut-side of extra garlic, then rub well with cut-side of tomato and season to taste.
- 3Add zucchini flower and oregano to zucchini mixture, toss to combine, pile on top of bread and serve scattered with Manchego.