Tuna and avocado are a magic match, especially when we're talking raw tuna and perfectly ripe, just firm avocado. Add a grassy matcha dressing to the mix and pile the lot on top of a nutty brown rice and seaweed pilaf, and you've got heaven in a bowl.
- 400 gm (2 cups) brown rice
- 10 gm dried wakame, thinly sliced
- 300 gm diced fresh tuna
- 150 gm podded frozen edamame, defrosted
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways and sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 avocado, halved and thinly sliced
- Roasted sesame seeds, to serve
- 1 tsp matcha
- 70 ml vegetable oil
- 1½ tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 2½ tsp tbsp tamari
- 1⁄2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1Bring rice, wakame, 1 tsp salt and 1.25 litres water to the boil in a saucepan, then reduce heat to low-medium, cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook until rice is tender (35-40 minutes). Remove from heat and stand covered for 10 minutes to steam.
- 2Meanwhile, for matcha-ginger dressing, whisk matcha and 1 tbsp hot water in a bowl until smooth, add remaining ingredients and whisk to combine.
- 3Divide rice among serving bowls. Combine tuna, edamame, cucumber and spring onion in a bowl, drizzle with a little matcha dressing to taste and toss to combine. Divide among bowls, then top each with half a sliced avocado. Drizzle with extra matcha dressing, scatter with sesame seeds and serve.