Getting the day off to a great start is easy when there's something flavoursome, nutritious and homemade on hand. During the summer months, simple granolas made with nutritious blends of seeds, nuts and fruits, keep the mornings light and bright. With a touch of sweetness from honey, this breakfast granola bowl has all the makings of a feel-good morning. Just add milk of your choosing or a generous dollop of yoghurt, and you're good to go.
- 150 gm buckinis (see note)
- 65 gm (1 cup) cashews, coarsely chopped
- 100 gm (2 cups) coconut flakes
- 60 gm (¾ cup) shredded coconut
- 70 gm (½ cup) pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
- 65 gm (⅓ cup) pepitas
- 90 gm (¼ cup) raw honey
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 60 gm dried blueberries or cherries
- Milk, nut milk or yoghurt, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 140°C. Combine seeds, nuts and coconut in a large bowl. Add honey, turmeric and zest, then stir to combine. Spread over two baking trays lined with baking paper and bake, swapping trays occasionally, until golden (25-30 minutes). Cool completely (1 hour).
- 2Stir through dried fruit and serve with milk or yoghurt. The granola will keep stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
Buckinis (raw activated buckwheat) are available from select grocers.