- 450 gm drained canned chickpeas (1¾ cans),rinsed
- 2½ tbsp hulled tahini
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100 ml mild-flavoured extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- Trimmed and quartered radishes,to serve
- Large pinch of smoked paprika, to serve
- 1Purée chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and oil in a blender, adding cold water to adjust the consistency, until smooth or to your liking. (For an even smoother texture, pass hummus through a sieve.) Season to taste and serve drizzled with extra olive oil and topped with radish and paprika. Hummus will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 2-3 days.