Bircher muesli is the ideal summer breakfast, though we've been known to eat this for dessert, too. This one combines chia with the usual oats, along with almond milk for a lighter finish to traditional yoghurt. Buy good almond milk - if you can find cold-pressed all the better - and avoid any containing sweetener and oil. We've topped the muesli with berries, cherries, banana and the crunch of the cacao nibs.
- 600 ml almond milk
- 150 gm rolled oats
- 30 gm chia seeds
- 30 gm honey, plus extra, to serve
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra to serve
- Sliced banana, sliced strawberries, raspberries and halved cherries, to serve
- Cacao nibs, to serve
- 1Combine almond milk, oats, chia and a pinch of salt in a bowl, stir in honey, vanilla and cinnamon to combine, cover and refrigerate to soak (overnight or up to 3 days).
- 2Serve topped with banana, berries, cherries, cacao nibs, a drizzle of honey and extra cinnamon to taste.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsFarmer is a new cookbook raising funds for the droughtYesterday 12:00am