This fresh salad (top) lightens the load on Christmas Day.
- 2 bunches of green asparagus, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 200 gm each sugarsnap peas and snowpeas, trimmed
- 1 cup mint leaves (loosely packed)
- 50 gm pea tendrils (snowpea leaves)
Verjuice and lemon dressing
- 60 ml verjuice (¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1For verjuice and lemon dressing, combine all ingredients and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil, cook asparagus and peas in batches for 2 minutes or until tender, refresh in iced water. Drain well and place in a bowl, add mint and pea tendrils, dress and toss. Serve immediately.