You can never go wrong with asparagus, especially if you include butter and garlic in the mix.
- 60 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 30 ml olive oil
- 45 gm (¼ cup) slivered almonds
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 salad onions, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 1Heat butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add almonds and garlic, sauté until golden brown (1-2 minutes). Add salad onions, stir until wilted (1-2 minutes), season to taste and set aside.
- 2Blanch asparagus until just tender (1-2 minutes), drain, transfer to a serving plate, top with salad onion and garlic mixture and serve warm with <a href="steamed-coral-trout-with-pickled-fennel.htm">trout</a>.