Baking fish whole is not only easy, it brings plenty of impact to the table.
- 2 golden trout (500gm-600gm each)
- 250 ml riesling or other aromatic white wine (1 cup)
- 150 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 3 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1½ tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp pink peppercorns, bruised
- 1Preheat oven to 150C. Place trout in a large roasting pan. Pour riesling and olive oil over fish, and scatter with shallots, garlic, herbs, lemon rind and pink peppercorns. Season to taste with sea salt flakes and white pepper, and bake trout, basting regularly with pan juices, until flesh falls away easily when gently pushed with a knife (25-30 minutes).
- 2Drizzle trout with extra-virgin olive oil and serve with crème fraîche, lemon cheeks and trout roe.
Drink Suggestion: Pale, dry rosé. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am