- 200 ml maple syrup
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 orange
- 200 gm softened butter
- 40 gm pure icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp finely grated nutmeg
- Scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1Simmer maple syrup and juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to a syrup (2-3 minutes), then set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, beat remaining ingredients in an electric mixer until pale and fluffy (5 minutes). Add syrup and beat to combine, then serve at room temperature.
Note This recipe makes about 2 cups.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am