- 4 thick swordfish steaks (about 220g each)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
- 2 baby gem or cos lettuces, halved
- To serve: extra-virgin olive oil, finely grated lemon rind and lemon wedges
- 100 gm mayonnaise (1/3 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 1For smoky aïoli, combine ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 2Heat a charcoal barbecue. Brush swordfish with oil, scatter with coriander seeds and season to taste. Brush lettuce lightly with oil, then grill fish and lettuce until lettuce is charred and fish is medium-rare (5-7 minutes).
- 3Transfer fish and lettuce to plates, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, scatter with lemon rind, top fish with a dollop of smoky aïoli and serve with lemon wedges to the side.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am