- 400 gm kan-to noodles (see note)
- 2 tbsp hulled tahini
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinkiang vinegar (see note)
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 30 gm ginger, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, seeds removed and cut into julienne
- Roasted white and black sesame seeds, to serve
- 1Cook noodles in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until just tender (1-2 minutes), drain and refresh in iced water to chill, then drain well.
- 2Whisk tahini, soy sauce, vinegar, peanut butter, ginger, garlic and 60ml warm water in a bowl to combine. Drizzle dressing over noodles, top with cucumber and sesame seeds and serve.
Kan-to noodles are Taiwanese wheat noodles, available from select Asian grocers; if they’re unavailable, substitute somen noodles or another fine wheat noodle. Chinkiang vinegar is available from select Asian grocers.
Drink Suggestion: A fragrant junmai ginjo sake. Drink suggestion by Max Allen