- 1 quantity <b><a href='/recipes/recipe-search/masterclass/2010/1/dessert-wine-sabayon-with-cherries-and-pistachios/'>dessert wine sabayon</a></b>
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ orange
- 1 kg cherries, halved and pitted
- 100 ml dessert wine
- 30 gm raw caster sugar
- Juice of ½ orange
- To serve: coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1Follow directions for <b><a href="dessert-wine-sabayon.htm">dessert wine sabayon</a></b>, adding grated orange rind to egg yolk mixture. Refrigerate to chill (30-40 minutes).
- 2Combine cherries, wine, sugar and orange juice in a bowl, stir until sugar dissolves, then refrigerate to macerate for 10 minutes. Spoon over dessert wine sabayon, scatter with pistachios and serve.