- 500 gm medium green prawns, peeled, intestinal tracts removed, tails intact
- 250 ml Shaoxing wine (1 cup)
- 1 tsp finely shredded ginger
- 100 gm bean thread (mung bean) noodles
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions, cut into julienne
- ½ cup radish cress sprigs
- ½ cup baby coriander sprigs
- 50 gm fresh wood ear fungi, torn into small pieces
- 1Combine prawns, Shaoxing wine and ginger in a non-reactive container, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to marinate.
- 2Place noodles in a bowl, cover with boiling water and stand for 3-5 minutes or until cooked. Drain, refresh in cold water and set aside.
- 3Remove prawns from marinade, pour marinade into a saucepan, bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, add prawns, cover and simmer, turning occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until prawns are just cooked through, then transfer to a bowl. Remove pan from heat and stand for 2 minutes to separate impurities, then, using a small ladle, remove ¼ cup of clear liquid from surface and discard remaining mixture. Combine reserved cooking liquid with soy sauce and sesame oil in small bowl.
- 4Using kitchen scissors, cut noodles in half and add to prawns, drizzle with a little dressing, toss to coat, add remaining ingredients and toss gently to combine. Divide among plates and serve immediately with extra dressing in a jug to the side.
Drink Suggestion: Bottle-aged Hunter semillon. Drink suggestion by Max Allen