We like this with poultry, pork or lamb.
- 125 ml sweet sherry (½ cup)
- 200 gm dried figs, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 200 gm speck, coarsely chopped
- 80 gm pine nuts, toasted (½ cup)
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 loaf soy and linseed bread, crust removed and broken into coarse breadcrumbs
- 1Bring sherry to the boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, add figs and return to the boil, then cool and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add onion, celery and garlic and cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a bowl. Return pan to heat, add speck and pine nuts and cook for 5 minutes or until golden and speck is crisp, add to onion mixture with thyme and breadcrumbs, stir to combine and season.
- 3Preheat oven to 180C. Spoon stuffing into a 6 cup-capacity heatproof dish and bake, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes until golden and crisp on top.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am