- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- 8 tortillas, preferably corn
- 240 gm (2 cups) podded broad beans (about 1kg unpodded)
- 200 gm (1 cup) Danish feta, crumbled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup (firmly packed) coriander, torn
- 3 cups (loosely packed) small mixed salad leaves
- Edible flowers (optional; see note), to serve
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- 1Heat 2cm vegetable oil in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Fry tortillas in batches, turning occasionally, until golden (2-3 minutes; be careful, hot oil will spit), then drain on paper towels.
- 2Blanch broad beans in a large saucepan of boiling salted water (3-4 minutes). Drain, refresh in iced water, then drain again. Double-pod larger beans, leaving smaller beans in skins.
- 3For shallot dressing, dry-roast coriander seeds in a small frying pan until fragrant (20-30 seconds). Combine with remaining ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 4Break tortillas onto plates, top with broad beans, feta, avocado, coriander, salad leaves and flowers and drizzle with dressing to serve.
Edible flowers are available from David Jones food hall and select grocers.Beer suggestion: Fresh Mexican lager. Drink suggestion by Max Allen.