With passionfruit frozen yoghurt in the freezer and mangoes to pop on the grill, a fine finale for your barbie is whipped up in a flash.
Passionfruit frozen yoghurt
- 175 gm caster sugar
- 2 tbsp liquid glucose
- 500 gm Greek-style yoghurt
- 80 gm sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 110 gm caster sugar (½ cup)
- 80 ml lime juice (1/3 cup)
- 1For passionfruit frozen yoghurt, stir sugar, glucose and 175ml water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, bring just to the simmer, then set aside to cool. Combine yoghurt, sour cream, lime juice and passionfruit pulp in a bowl and whisk in the sugar syrup until smooth. Churn in an ice-cream machine, then freeze until firm.
- 2Meanwhile, for passionfruit syrup, stir together ingredients and 60ml water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then simmer until syrupy (about 10 minutes) and set aside to cool.
- 3Heat a grill or barbecue to medium-high heat. Brush mango cheeks lightly with oil and barbecue cut-side down until charred (2-3 minutes). Remove from barbecue and slice each cheek in half. Divide mango among serving glasses, add scoops of passionfruit frozen yoghurt, drizzle with passionfruit syrup, dust with freeze-dried passionfruit powder and serve with extra passionfruit syrup on the side.
Note Freeze-dried passionfruit powder is available from select delicatessens, grocers and online at fresh-as.com.