I cannot tell how much beef you'll have left over, so we can't be exact here. Look at your remains and decide what will be appropriate. You'll need roughly the same amounts of meat and veg.
- Chopped onions
- For frying: olive oil
- Canned plum tomatoes
- Boiled, chopped potatoes
- Leftover boiled beef brisket, shredded
- 1 egg per person
- 1Fry the onions in oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat until soft, crush a few tomatoes into the pan and let these cook down.
- 2Add the potatoes and beef, season to taste and toss in the pan until it's all heated through; if it's getting dry, add some juice from the tinned tomatoes, but it's good to let the potatoes get a bit of colour.
- 3Fry an egg for each diner, divide hash among plates, top each with an egg, season to taste and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am