These frosty fruit pops hit all the right tropical notes with coconut and lime bringing extra refreshment. You'll need six popsicle moulds and sticks. Begin this recipe a day ahead to freeze the popsicles.
- Flesh from 1 large mango, diced
- 350 ml coconut water
- 50 gm caster sugar
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised and coarsely chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime, plus juice of 2
- 1For lemongrass-lime syrup, combine sugar, lemongrass and 50ml water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and stand to infuse (2 hours). Strain, then stir in lime zest and juice.
- 2Blend mango in a food processor until smooth, add coconut water and lemongrass-lime syrup, and blend until smooth. Strain through a coarse sieve, pour into 125ml popsicle moulds and freeze until half-frozen (2-3 hours). Insert popsicle sticks and freeze until completely frozen (8 hours or overnight). Dip briefly into hot water to unmould. Popsicles are best eaten within a month.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesHam and cheese toasties with quick-pickled cucumberYesterday 3:00am