This dessert is super-quick to make - it just needs to be made a day ahead so it can freeze overnight. Adjust the amount of sugar to suit your taste. We've served this with frozen raspberries rather than fresh for an even more cooling summer treat.
- 3 large ripe mangoes (560gm each), peeled and diced
- 150 gm frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced mint (optional)
- 2 tbsp small Thai basil leaves (optional)
- 200 gm caster sugar
- 1 lemongrass stalk, coarsely chopped and bruised with the side of a cleaver
- 1For lemongrass syrup, bring sugar, lemongrass and 500ml water to the boil in a saucepan over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Leave to cool and infuse for 1 hour, then strain.
- 2Combine mango and citrus juices, and rind in a blender, add lemongrass syrup and blend until smooth. Strain into a wide, shallow container and freeze overnight. Scrape into crystals with a fork, then return to the freezer. If the granita is hard to scrape, leave it at room temperature briefly to soften first.
- 3Spoon yoghurt into bowls, top with granita, scatter with raspberries and herbs, and serve with lime cheeks.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am