- 330 gm (1½ cups) caster sugar
- 3 makrut (kaffir) lime leaves
- 4 mangoes, coarsely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 270 ml (1 small can) coconut milk, plus extra to serve
- Juice of 2 limes, or to taste, plus lime wedges to serve
- 1Bring sugar, lime leaves and 375ml water to the boil in a saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar, cook for 1 minute, then refrigerate until chilled. Discard lime leaves.
- 2Process mango, coconut milk and lime juice in a food processor until smooth, add sugar syrup to taste and process to combine. Pour into a shallow metal tray and freeze until beginning to firm (6-7 hours). Scrape into ice crystals with a fork and freeze, scraping every now and then, until frozen. Serve in chilled glasses or bowls with extra mango, lime wedges and a drizzle of coconut milk.