- ½ quantity <b><a href='http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/rough-puff-pastry.htm'>rough puff pastry</a></b>
- 30 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 golden shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 230 gm ricotta
- 50 gm Gruyère, coarsely grated
- 2 tbsp each finely chopped thyme, oregano and flat-leaf parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 180 gm mixed mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface to 3mm thick, cut out a rough 30cm-diameter round, place on an oven tray lined with baking paper and refrigerate to rest (15 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, melt 20gm butter in a small saucepan, add shallot and garlic, sauté until tender (2-3 minutes), transfer to a bowl and combine with cheeses, herbs, rind and half the egg. Season to taste then spread in an even layer over pastry, leaving a 3cm border.
- 3Melt remaining butter in a small saucepan, remove from heat, add lemon juice, season to taste. Scatter mushrooms over ricotta mixture, drizzle with butter mixture, then fold in pastry edges, pleating as you go. Brush edges with remaining egg and bake until crisp and golden (20-25 minutes). Serve hot.