- For brushing: vegetable oil
- 440 gm caster sugar (2 cups)
- 125 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 100 gm rice malt syrup (see note)
- 450 gm roasted salted peanuts
- 1Brush an oven tray with oil and set aside. Combine sugar, butter, rice malt syrup and 170ml water in a saucepan over high heat and cook, stirring occasionally to prevent caramel from sticking to the base, until golden and caramelised (20-30 minutes; be careful, hot caramel will spit).Add peanuts, stir to combine and pour onto prepared tray. Set aside in a cool, dark place to cool and set (1 hour). Break into pieces and serve. Peanut brittle will keep stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark place for 2-3 days.