- 500 gm frozen raspberries
- 800 gm caster sugar
- 40 gm liquid glucose
- Scraped seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 12 titanium-strength gelatine leaves
- 125 gm white sugar
- Finely grated rind of 2 limes
- 1Combine raspberries, 40gm sugar and 650ml water in a saucepan and bring to the simmer over medium-high heat, then set aside to infuse (1 hour).
- 2Strain mixture into a large saucepan (you should have about 850ml) and discard solids. Add glucose, vanilla and remaining sugar and cook over medium heat until mixture reaches 116C on a sugar thermometer (10-12 minutes). Meanwhile, soak gelatine in cold water until softened (3-5 minutes). Squeeze excess water from gelatine, add to raspberry mixture and stir to combine. Pour into a 22cm square cake tin or container that's been lightly brushed with oil and refrigerate until set (6 hours to overnight).
- 3For lime sugar, combine ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 4Gently pull raspberry mixture away from the sides of the container with your fingertips to break the seal, then turn out onto a chopping board lined with baking paper. Cut into bite-sized squares, dust in lime sugar and serve. Jubes will keep stored in an airtight container for 3 days.