Granita demands very little active cooking time. Prepare it the day before so it can freeze overnight. You'll find coconut yoghurt in delicatessens, but regular yoghurt works just as well - we just love the combination of coconut, watermelon and ginger.
- 150 gm caster sugar
- 15 gm ginger, finely grated
- 900 gm watermelon, diced
- 400 gm coconut yoghurt
- 1 mini watermelon, cut into wedges
- 1Stir sugar in 150ml boiling water in a bowl to dissolve (2-3 minutes) and add ginger.
- 2Process watermelon and ginger syrup in a blender until smooth, then transfer to a large deep tray that fits in your freezer and freeze (at least 6 hours or overnight). Scrape watermelon ice into crystals with a fork and freeze again until required.
- 3Spoon yoghurt into a piping bag without a nozzle and pipe into 6 chilled 300ml glasses, pile high with granita and serve with watermelon wedges alongside.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm