These puddings are delicate and need to be handled gently when removing them from their moulds.
- 180 gm softened butter, plus extra for greasing
- 180 gm caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tbsp Greek-style yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- Finely grated rind of ½ lemon
- 100 gm self-raising flour, sieved
- Pinch of cardamom
- Few drops of orange-blossom water
Candied orange rind
- Thinly peeled rind of 3 oranges, cut into julienne, and juice from ½ orange
- 100 gm caster sugar
- 1For candied orange rind, blanch rind (10 seconds), drain and repeat, then set aside. Meanwhile, bring sugar and 40ml water to the boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, add rind, then cook over low heat until translucent (5-10 minutes). Add orange juice and set aside to cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 180C. Cream butter and sugar in an electric mixer until pale, add eggs, yoghurt and lemon rind and beat well. Fold through flour, then add cardamom and orange-blossom water. Divide among 6 buttered 250ml dariole moulds and bake until an inserted skewer withdraws clean (15-20 minutes). Serve warm with candied orange rind and yoghurt to taste.