- 90 gm podded peas (300gm unpodded)
- 2 tsp grapeseed oil
- 100 gm sugarsnap peas
- 2 tbsp XO sauce (see note)
- Small handful mustard leaves (see note)
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1Blanch peas for 1 minute. Refresh, drain and set aside.
- 2Heat a frying pan over high heat, add oil and sugar snaps and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add peas and stir-fy for another minute. Add XO sauce and cook until aromatic and liquid has evaporated (1-2 minutes). At the last moment, wilt the mustard leaves in the pan, add the lemon juice and serve immediately.
Note Check out our XO sauce recipe if you'd like to make your own. Or source one of the more expensive brands (a good indication of quality) at an Asian grocer. Mustard leaves are available from select grocers; substitute another green leaf such as young kale.
Drink Suggestion: 2013 Grüner Veltliner by Geoff Hardy, Adelaide Hills, SA. Fresh and textural, with enough mid-palate weight to handle the XO. Drink suggestion by Leanne Altmann