You can substitute the silverbeet in this recipe with coarsely chopped cauliflower. Shown with <a href="/artichokes_with_prosciutto.htm">artichokes with prosciutto</a> (right).
- ½ bunch of silverbeet, washed and coarsely chopped
- 150 gm self-raising flour (1 cup)
- 30 gm finely grated parmesan
- ½ clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Blanch silverbeet until stems are tender (4-5 minutes). Drain and cool to room temperature. Transfer to a bowl, add flour, parmesan, garlic, parsley and egg and mix to combine, adding a little water to bring mixture together if too dry. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and fry tablespoons of mixture in batches until golden and cooked through (1-2 minutes each side). Serve with lemon wedges and <a href="artichokes_with_prosciutto.htm">artichokes with prosciutto</a>.