- 250 gm thick plain yoghurt
- 1.75 kg watermelon (¼ large)
- 1/3 cup mint leaves (loosely packed)
- To taste: sumac
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tsp rosewater
- 1For labne, spoon yoghurt into a muslin-lined sieve placed over a bowl to drain and refrigerate until thick and creamy (overnight).
- 2Slice watermelon into chunks (discard rind) and transfer to serving plates, add a dollop of labne, and scatter with mint and sumac. Stir pomegranate molasses and rosewater in a bowl to combine, drizzle over watermelon and serve.
Drink Suggestion: We make a cocktail at Rumi that just might hit the spot: vodka, pomegranate and lime juice in a glass with a sugared rim Drink suggestion by Joseph Abboud
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am