A juicier, tropical take on devils on horseback, with lychees in place of dates. The chilli salt and the lime juice really work together to bring out the sweetness of the lychees.
- 12 lychees
- 6 thin slices streaky bacon, halved crossways
- Lime wedges (optional), to serve
- 1 tbsp salt flakes
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1Preheat a barbecue (preferably charcoal) to medium-high. Wrap a piece of bacon around each lychee and secure with a skewer.
- 2For chilli salt, combine ingredients in a bowl.
- 3Grill skewers, turning occasionally, until charred and bacon is cooked (5 minutes). Serve with chilli salt and lime wedges.