- 350 gm ricotta
- 2 eggs, separated
- 75 gm parmesan, finely grated
- 200 gm mixed olives
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ Thinly sliced zest of an orange
- ¼ cup firmly packed flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For olive salad, combine olives with chilli, garlic, orange zest, parsley and extra-virgin olive oil, season to taste. Set aside.
- 2Press ricotta through a fine sieve into a bowl, add egg yolks, parmesan and nutmeg and stir to combine. Whisk eggwhites in a large bowl until soft peaks form, add to ricotta mixture and gently fold until combined. Season to taste with sea salt and ground black pepper. Spoon ricotta into 4 150ml-capacity well greased ovenproof dishes and bake at 180C for 15 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes, then turn out of moulds. Serve warm or at room temperature with olive salad.