- 800 gm chat potatoes, peeled and halved
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) buttermilk
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- ½ cup coarsely chopped mixed herbs such as mint, flat-leaf parsley and chervil
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 T-bone steaks (about 250gm each), at room temperature
Rough rocket salsa verde
- 2 cups (firmly packed) rocket
- 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 80 ml olive oil
- 20 gm finely grated parmesan
- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1Boil potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water until tender (10-15 minutes). Drain, transfer to a bowl and coarsely crush with a fork or potato masher. Add buttermilk, extra-virgin olive oil, vinegar, rind, juice, mustard and garlic, season to taste and toss to combine. Just before serving, add herbs and spring onion and stir to combine.
- 2For rough rocket salsa verde, pulse ingredients in a food processor to a coarse paste, season to taste and set aside.
- 3Heat a char-grill pan or barbecue to high heat. Season steaks well, drizzle with oil and grill, turning occasionally, until cooked to your liking (6-7 minutes for medium-rare). Transfer to a plate to rest for a couple of minutes, then serve with potato salad and rocket salsa verde.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Restaurant NewsSurf’s up: Three Blue Ducks is coming to MelbourneYesterday 11:00pm