This simple winter salad can be served as is or beefed up with some pan-fried fish or shredded roast chicken.
- 4 beetroot (about 150gm each), peeled and coarsely grated
- 3 oranges, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¼ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (loosely packed) flat-leaf parsley, torn
- ½ cup (loosely packed) mint, torn
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sumac, plus extra to serve
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ garlic clove, finely grated
- 1For sumac dressing, place ingredients in a small jar and shake well to combine.
- 2Combine beetroot, orange, onion and herbs in a bowl, drizzle with a little dressing, season to taste and toss to combine. Serve drizzled with remaining dressing and sprinkled with extra sumac.