- 1 bunch beetroot, boiled and quartered (about 5)
- 2 bunches baby golden beetroot, boiled and halved (about 24)
- 100 gm walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 60 ml walnut oil (¾ cup)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 golden shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- To serve: crusty bread and chèvre
- 1Arrange all beetroot on a platter, scatter with walnuts and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Combine oils, vinegar and shallot in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes or until shallot is tender, then remove from heat and add lemon juice and season to taste. Spoon dressing over beetroot and serve with crusty bread and chèvre.
Drink Suggestion: Loire Valley red chinon or other leafy, light cabernet franc.