If you don't have a blowtorch, caramelise the grapefruit under a hot grill. This supremely simple dish works well for brunch with yoghurt, or as a light dessert with ice-cream.
- 2 pink grapefruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 20 gm panela sugar (see note)
- To serve: vanilla ice-cream or thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1Arrange the grapefruit slices over an oven tray or heatproof platter. Scatter evenly with sugar and use a blowtorch to caramelise the sugar (1-2 minutes). Serve warm with ice-cream or yoghurt.
Note Panela sugar, an unrefined cane sugar, is available from select delicatessens. Otherwise substitute raw caster sugar or brown sugar.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am