Roasted cauliflower and chickpeas are a no-fail combination. Combine with Brussels sprouts and a herb-powered chimichurri, and you have a satisfying salad for spring.
- 1 small cauliflower (680gm), trimmed and cut into florets
- 220 gm Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400 gm canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tap smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, quartered
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C.
- 2Place cauliflower and Brussels sprouts on an oven tray, drizzle with half the oil, season to taste and toss to coat. Place chickpeas on another oven tray, then sprinkle with paprika, cumin and coriander, season to taste and drizzle with remaining oil. Roast vegetables and chickpeas until vegetables are tender and chickpeas are crisp (25 minutes).
- 3Meanwhile, make chimichurri by processing all ingredients in a blender until combined.
- 4Arrange roasted vegetables and chickpeas on a serving platter, then drizzle over chimichurri and serve.