- 8 chicken thigh pieces on the bone, skin on
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 80 ml olive oil, plus extra for drizzling (⅓ cup)
- 500 gm chat potatoes, thickly sliced
- 2 corn cobs, husks and silks removed
- 1 leek, trimmed, cut lengthways into 6
- 2 baby cos, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup mint (loosely packed)
- 100 ml buttermilk
- 70 gm crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1Slash skin of chicken in several places and place in a non-reactive container. Pound garlic, paprika, lemon rind, thyme and 1 tsp sea salt in a mortar and pestle to a paste, season to taste with freshly ground pepper, stir in lemon juice and oil. Pour over chicken, rub well into skin and flesh, stand to marinate (10 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, cook potato in a saucepan of boiling water over high heat until just tender (5-6 minutes), drain and transfer to a bowl.
- 3Heat a char-grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle corn and leek with a little oil and char-grill, turning occasionally, until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs, coarsely chop leek and add both to potato.
- 4Meanwhile, for buttermilk dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl to combine. Add dressing to potato mixture, add cos and mint, season to taste and toss to combine.
- 5Drain chicken and cook in a char-grill pan over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until cooked through (10-15 minutes). Serve hot with salad.