- 60 ml olive oil (1/4 cup)
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled, bruised
- 4 chicken Marylands (about 350gm each)
- 4 bunches cavolo nero, coarsely chopped
- 125 ml dry white wine (1/2 cup)
- Extra-virgin olive oil and crusty bread, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 240C. Heat a flameproof roasting pan over high heat, add olive oil and garlic, season chicken, place in pan skin-side down and fry until chicken and garlic are golden(3-5 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
- 2Add cavolo nero to pan and cook until starting to wilt (2-3 minutes). Place chicken and garlic on top, pour wine over the chicken and season to taste. Roast until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear when pierced with a skewer (25-27 minutes). Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve with crusty bread.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am