Give your roast fish a powerful kick of flavour and heat with this vibrant spice paste of chilli, lemongrass, turmeric and coriander seeds. This is a versatile paste that works well spread any other firm fish or chicken, then roasted; you could also use it to coat prawns, and then stir-fry them with Thai basil. Plus, it's also a good base for a quick curry.
- 500 gm fillet of ocean trout
- Coconut cream, for drizzling
- Lime wedges and steamed rice, to serve
- 4 long red chillies, seeds removed
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part, finely chopped
- 10 gm piece of turmeric, coarsely chopped
- 1 small golden shallot
- 2 tsp dry-roasted, coarsely ground coriander seeds
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 240°C. For spice paste, using a hand-blender, blitz ingredients with a pinch of salt until smooth.
- 2Heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add spice paste and stir until lightly roasted (1-2 minutes), then set aside to cool.
- 3Spread spice paste over fish and bake until just cooked through (8 minutes for medium-rare). To finish, drizzle fish with coconut cream and squeezed lime juice. Serve with rice.