These spiced prawns are easier than they look – a quick sauté of prawns (shells on, of course), a toss of garlic, chilli and rosemary, plus butter for a final luxurious touch. A squeeze of lemon is non-negotiable.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 kg uncooked medium prawns
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tbso rosemary leaves
- 60 gm butter
- Lemon wedges and crusty bread (optional), to serve
- 1Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add half the prawns to fill the pan in one layer and cook until shells turn pink and crisp (1½ minutes each side). Add half each of the garlic, chilli and rosemary, toss until fragrant and just cooked (1 minute). Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- 2Return all prawns to the pan, add butter, and when melted remove from the heat. Serve with lemon wedges and bread for mopping up the juices.