- 2 cobs of corn, husks and silks removed
- 20 ml vegetable oil (1 tbsp)
- 4 green onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 8 eggs
- 60 ml pouring cream (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp soy sauce, or to taste
- 250 gm crab meat, picked and flaked
- To serve: lime wedges and soy sauce
Snow pea and bean shoot salad
- 50 gm snow pea shoots, trimmed
- 50 gm bean shoots
- 1 cup (loosely packed) coriander sprigs
- 1Using a sharp knife, remove corn kernels from cobs and set aside. Heat vegetable oil in a 24cm-diameter frying pan over medium heat. Add corn and green onion and cook until soft (about 5 minutes). Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- 2Whisk eggs and cream in a bowl to combine and season to taste with soy sauce and freshly ground white pepper. Pour over corn mixture and cook for 2 minutes, using a wooden spatula to draw cooked egg into centre and evenly disperse corn mixture. Cook until egg starts to set (about 3 minutes). Scatter over crab meat and cook, without stirring, until almost set (about another 3 minutes). Place under a hot grill until cooked and lightly golden (about 2 minutes) Using a spatula, slide omelette onto a serving plate.
- 3For snow pea and bean shoot salad in a bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve omelette cut into wedges with salad and lime wedges and soy sauce passed separately.