- 10 gm dried cut wakame (seaweed), soaked in warm water for 5 minutes and drained
- 8 Swiss brown mushrooms, trimmed, with a cross cut into each cap
- 115 gm fresh baby corn
- 270 gm ramen noodles (dried Japanese wheat noodles)
- 100 gm cooked crabmeat, picked through
- 250 gm cha siu (Chinese barbecued pork, available from Chinese barbecue shops), thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 8 gm sachets instant dashi powder
- ¼ cup cooking sake (Japanese rice wine)
- 1/3 cup shoyu (Japanese soy sauce
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1For soup, place all ingredients and 2 litres water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over medium heat. Add wakame, mushrooms and corn and keep at a gentle simmer.
- 2Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes or until al dente, drain and divide among bowls, top with crabmeat, cha siu and green onions, then ladle soup mixture over and serve immediately.