Sweet, wholesome, and a little luxurious, this simple soup, which is as suitable for a light dinner as it is for a dinner party, is ready in a matter of minutes.
- 1 litre (4 cups) chicken stock
- 20 gm (4cm piece) ginger, finely chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light soy sauce, plus extra to taste
- 1 tbsp` cornflour
- 1 tbsp black vinegar, or to taste, plus extra to serve
- 2 tsp coarsely ground white pepper, or to taste
- 200 gm raw crabmeat
- 1 egg and 1 eggwhite, whisked together
- 2 thinly sliced spring onions, plus extra to serve
- 1Combine stock and ginger in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, combine soy with cornflour, stirring until smooth, then add to saucepan. Add vinegar, pepper and extra soy sauce to taste, then add crabmeat and return to the boil.
- 2Slowly drizzle in egg mixture, stirring to create thin threads, then remove pan from heat. Check seasoning and stir in spring onion.
- 3Serve soup sprinkled with extra spring onion and seasoned to taste with extra vinegar.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food & CultureEverything you need to know about Parasite’s “ram-don”Yesterday 12:00am