A simple yet elegant dinner. The secrets? Good seafood - chopped cooked prawns also work a treat - and keeping the eggs just set.
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 30 gm crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 30 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 150 gm cooked crab meat, drained
- Micro-cress, to serve
- 150 gm cherry tomatoes, finely chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 40 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp basil, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, toasted and crushed
- 1For sauce vierge, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- 2Lightly whisk eggs, egg yolks, crème fraîche and chives in a bowl, and season to taste. Heat a 22cm-diameter frying pan over medium-high heat, add 10gm butter and swirl to coat pan, then add half the egg. Push egg gently towards centre of pan with a spatula, tilting pan so uncooked egg runs underneath, until omelette is light and layered and just set (30 seconds to 1 minute), scatter with half the crab meat and season to taste. Knock pan to loosen omelette, then carefully fold, slide onto a warm plate and rub with a little butter. Repeat with remaining butter, egg and crab meat. Spoon sauce vierge over omelettes, scatter with cress and serve.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm