A quick dish for a Sunday night. Baby spinach works nicely here, but English spinach will give the dish a bit more body; just be sure to rinse it very well beforehand.
- 60 gm fresh fine breadcrumbs
- 60 gm panko crumbs
- 50 gm finely grated parmesan
- A small handful of herbs such as thyme, rosemary or sage, finely chopped
- 12 lamb cutlets
- Seasoned plain flour, for dusting
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 30 gm butter
- 80 extra-virgin olive oil
- 400 gm baby spinach leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Lemon wedges (optional), to serve
- 1Combine breadcrumbs, panko, parmesan and herbs in a bowl.
- 2Season lamb with salt and lightly dust with flour. Dip in egg, then crumbs, shaking off excess, and transfer to a plate.
- 3Heat a large heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Add butter and 60ml oil to pan. Once butter is foaming (1-2 minutes), add lamb cutlets and cook on one side until golden brown (2 minutes; reduce the heat a little if they're browning too quickly). Season to taste, then turn, season again, and cook until golden brown and cooked to your liking (2 minutes for medium rare). Rest on paper towels.
- 4Heat remaining oil in a separate frying pan over medium-high heat. Add spinach and garlic, season to taste, and toss until wilted (2-3 minutes). Serve with lamb cutlets and lemon wedges.