Saucisson is a dry-cured pork sausage and available at delicatessens. Use really ripe tomatoes so the juices soak into the baguette.
- 1 baguette, cut into 4, split lengthways
- Softened butter, for spreading
- 60 gm aged Emmental, thinly sliced
- 40 gm saucisson, thinly sliced
- 1-2 large vine-ripened or heirloom tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (loosely packed) rocket
- 10 cornichons, thinly sliced, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Dijon mustard, to serve (optional)
- 1Spread bread generously with butter, then top with Emmental, saucisson, tomato, rocket and cornichons. Season to taste and serve with extra cornichons and Dijon.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesLamb rack with piquillo peppers, rocket and burghulYesterday 5:00am