The combination of warm, salty olives and golden fried haloumi with slices of sourdough is the perfect Greek-style appetiser. For the best texture, use soft, fresh haloumi, available from delicatessens and specialty grocers.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400 gm fresh haloumi, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp honey (or to taste)
- Finely grated zest of ½ orange
- Warm marinated olives, to serve
- Sourdough, to serve
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat, add haloumi in batches and cook, turning once, until golden (2-3 minutes).
- 2Return all haloumi to pan, drizzle with honey and scatter with zest. Season with black pepper and serve immediately with olives and sourdough.