- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced, plus extra, to serve
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- Pinch of ground turmeric
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 60 ml coconut cream, plus extra to serve
- Grated coconut, coarsely chopped coriander and warm naan bread, to serve
- 1Heat ghee or oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add onion, garlic and chilli and sauté, stirring occasionally, until fragrant (3-4 minutes). Add ginger and mustard seeds, and stir until fragrant and seeds start to pop (30 seconds), then stir in turmeric.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk eggs and coconut cream in a bowl and season to taste. Add to pan and stir occasionally until egg is just set (2-3 minutes). Divide among bowls, drizzle with coconut cream, top with grated coconut, coriander and chilli, and serve with warm naan bread.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm