- 50 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 200 gm (1½ cups) frozen baby peas, defrosted
- 8 thin slices of jamón serrano (see note)
- 80 gm Manchego, finely grated
- To serve: green salad
- 1Preheat grill to high. Heat olive oil in a 25cm-diameter ovenproof frying pan over medium heat, add onion and garlic, and sauté until onion is soft and garlic starts to brown (3-5 minutes). Add egg and peas, and season to taste.
- 2Increase heat to high, pull cooked edges to the centre with a fork, and cook until base sets (3-4 minutes). Place under grill and cook until set and golden (3-5 minutes). Invert onto a plate, arrange jamón over, scatter with Manchego and serve immediately with a green salad.
Jamón serrano is available from select delicatessens.