- 200 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large flounder (about 500gm each)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
- 120 gm Sicilian green olives, cheeks cut from pits
- 2 tbsp (loosely packed) oregano
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) coarsely torn parsley
- To serve: lemon wedges
Golden oregano potatoes
- 650 gm kipfler potatoes, scrubbed, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled and bruised
- 2 tbsp (loosely packed) oregano leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 190C. For golden oregano potatoes, cook potato in a saucepan of boiling salted water until tender (8-10 minutes). Drain well, then scatter on a tray. Just before serving, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add potato and cook until starting to crisp (4-5 minutes). Add garlic, season to taste and cook until golden (3-4 minutes), then toss oregano through. Keep warm.
- 2Heat 50ml oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 flounder and cook, turning once, until just golden (2-3 minutes), then transfer to a roasting pan. Repeat with another 50ml oil and remaining flounder. Combine garlic, lemon rind and juice and remaining oil, pour over fish and roast in oven until fish is just cooked through (8-10 minutes). Transfer to a serving platter, scatter with olives, oregano and parsley, pour pan juices over, season to taste and serve hot with golden oregano potatoes and lemon wedges.